An online portfolio of your work will make you stand out as a candidate. Whether you are applying to marketing, engineering, photography, copywriting, or design roles, there are many benefits of showcasing your work:
- Online portfolios demonstrate creativity, initiative, and attention to detail, which can help you stand out from other candidates.
- Potential employers can better understand your work style and approach by viewing an online portfolio, which provides tangible evidence of your abilities and accomplishments.
There are many online resources available for you to create an online portfolio, it just depends on your field of interest. Here are some:
- GitHub: Ideal for computer science or programming roles, GitHub is an excellent platform that lets you share code projects and samples. You can share your profile link with potential employers effortlessly.
- WordPress: You can create a portfolio from scratch using WordPress, which allows you to build a website from the ground up that fits your requirements.
- Dribbble: Dribbble is a community for designers and creatives, where you can showcase your work and network with other professionals in your field. You can create a profile and upload your work to your portfolio on the site.